6 awesome YouTube channels that can actually help you improve your English speaking skills
“Why? Why should I study English on YouTube?”, you may ask.
The answer is simple: listening and then repeating is one of the best ways to make progress in your speaking skills.
ELSA suggests you a few YouTube channels that may come in handy for your self-study. Some of them were produced by professionals, while others come from enthusiasts with a deep understanding of Vietnamese speakers’ problems. Let’s check them out!
1. Rachel’s English
- Creator: Rachel founded her website and YouTube page Rachel’s English to help people who are not native speakers of English learn an American accent. It contains a series of How-To videos and various other topics in pronunciation.
- Style: Various, informative and clearly instructed (usually with visual analysis of the words/sentences), but that also makes her lessons a little bit serious.
- Language used: American English
- Useful for: Intermediate/advanced learners & English teachers.
2. Học tiếng anh cùng Dan
- Creator: Years of living in Vietnam have given Dan Hauer a very good understanding of how we Vietnamese usually speak English. He is also an English teacher, and that’s the reason why there are lots of interesting insights in Dan’s lessons.
- Style: Funny, easy to understand & focused on Vietnamese speakers’ problems.
- Languages used: fluent Vietnamese & British English
- Useful for: Speakers at beginning/intermediate level and English teachers.
3. William Nguyen
- Creator: Born to Vietnamese parents in Australia, Will came back to Vietnam once to teach English for a couple of years, but had to return home later. Still passionate about helping Vietnamese learn the foundation of pronouncing English properly, he started doing Vlogs on English pronunciation.
- Style: Friendly, down-to-earth and easy to understand.
- Language used: Vietnamese
- Useful for: Speakers at beginning level
4. Accents with Amy
- Creator: Amy Walker is an accent expert who has appeared on many TV shows. She has a unique talent of imitating several different accents and can give you the most entertaining tips on how to have a great and natural one.
- Style: Funny and entertaining but the lessons are mostly about accent only.
- Language used: American English
- Useful for: Intermediate/advanced speakers who’s trying to have a natural accent.
5. Learn English with Steve Ford
- Creator: Want to know what it’s like to study with a 20-year experienced English teacher? He’s one click away from you. You can realize Steve’s profound knowledge of the English pronunciation just by listening to his lessons.
- Style: Informative, thoroughly explained with good visual aids but there are so many lessons that it may take you a while to figure out where to start.
- Language used: English
- Useful for: Topics are varied, from beginner to fluency level.
6. Speak English With Misterduncan
- Creator: Mister Duncan has been teaching English to the world for free since 2006. There are a variety of lessons on topics like the senses, slang, news, fashion and money. Although the videos do focus more on how the language is spoken, grammar and vocabulary points are also mentioned.
- Style: professional, informative with interesting stories and in British accent.
- Language used: English
- Useful for: Intermediate English speakers
Here you go! There are still other good channels on YouTube, but we’ve already helped you pick those that focus on improving your pronunciation problems.
Please do notice that learning by watching these videos – although can help you a lot – has an obvious weakness which is you cannot receive direct feedbacks on your pronunciation. Hence, it’s not the most effective methodology. Studying with ELSA or asking a native speaker friend to help give you feedbacks on the words in these channels will be a much superior methodology.
What works best for you will depend largely on how much time you can spend on the lessons, and your preferred style of study. ELSA wishes you a great improvement!
Hello my family member! I want to say that this article is awesome, great written and come
with almost all vital infos. I would like to see more posts like this .
Wonderful article! That is the kind of information that are supposed to be
shared across the internet. Disgrace on the search engines for now
not positioning this post higher! Come on over and discuss with my website .
My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find a
lot of your post’s to be what precisely I’m looking for.
can you offer guest writers to write content available for you?
I wouldn’t mind creating a post or elaborating on many
of the subjects you write concerning here. Again, awesome web log!
Yes we would love to chat more. Please send us email to [email protected] and we would love to get in touch! Thanks!
Thank you for giving the advice. It will help
I got what you mean, thanks for posting. Woh I am delighted to find this website through google.
Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it
is really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels.
I will be grateful if you continue this in future. Numerous people will be
benefited from your writing. Cheers!
Very interesting info!Perfect just what I was looking
Wow! This could be one particular of the most useful blogs We’ve ever arrive across on this subject.
Basically Great. I am also an expert in this topic therefore I can understand your effort.
Thanks for finally writing about >6 awesome YouTube channels that can actually help you improve your English speaking skills – ELSA Blog <Liked it!
You have brought up a very fantastic points, appreciate it for the post.
hi!,I love your writing so a lot! proportion we communicate extra about your article on AOL?
I need an expert in this house to resolve my problem.
May be that’s you! Taking a look ahead to peer you.
It is in reality a great and useful piece of info.
I’m satisfied that you just shared this useful info with us.
Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.
As I website possessor I believe the content here is very good, regards for your efforts.
This website was… how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something that helped me.
Thanks a lot!
We are glad to hear! If you have any new content you want to read, let us know!
I savor, resilt in I discovered exactly what I waas looking for.
You’ve ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man.
Have a great day. Bye
You are sso awesome! I do not think I’ve read anything like that before.
So noce to discover another person with some genuine thoughts on thiks subject.
Really.. thanks for starting tthis up. This
site is something that is needed on the internet, someone with some originality!
Everyone loves it when people come together and share thoughts.
Great website, keep it up!
I adore it when people come together and share opinions, great site, keep it up.
For the reason that the admin of this website
is working, no hesitation very quickly it wil be renowned,
due to itss quality contents.
It’s difficult to find well informed people on this issue, but
you sound like you comprehend what you’re talking about!
My brother suggested I may like this wweb site. He wass once totally
right. This submit truly made my day. You can not consider just how so much time I
had spent ffor thi information!Thanks!
What’s up to every one, the contents existing at this web page are truly remarkable for people knowledge, well, keep up the nice work fellows.
Howdy! I realize this is sort of off-topic however I needed to ask.
Does operating a well-established blog like yours require a large amount of
work? I’m completely new to writing a blog but I do write in my journal daily.
I’d like to start a blog so I can easily share my experience
and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations
or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!
Incredible! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a entirely different topic
but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Outstanding choice of colors!
Nice respond in return of this query with
real arguments and telling the whole thing on the topic of
I do not even know how I ended up right here, however I
believed this submit was great. I do not recognise who you might be however definitely you’re going
to a well-known blogger in case you are not already. Cheers!
This is really interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
I’ve joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post.
Also, I’ve shared your site in my social networks!